Thursday, 2 October 2014

Research Rationale



The target audience I have chosen are 15-19 as being in Sixth Form allows me to access these groups easily. I have chosen theses ages because most of horror films are rated 15 and above by the BBFC which acts to protect the audience especially children as it may contain strong language and violence. The kit I will be using is a Mac and its inbuilt camera to record their reaction whilst the students are watching the chosen trailer. I will use free period and form time to collect my questionnaire as more people are available during these times.


The target audience I aspire are those who watch horror and don’t watch horror, this allows me to gain a wider variety of opinions on what appeals to both groups. Also I will be bale to feed this in my trailer to ensure I leave an impact on both these groups.

 I will conduct one-to-one interviews which will allow me to get a deeper insight on what people enjoy about the horror genre. Conducting a questionnaire will provide me with extra information on what people tend to watch film for. For example: for the story line, camera shots or even sound track. This will help me decide on which section I need to emphasis more on so that it is pleasing to my viewers. Using questionnaire for some of my target is better as many are camera shy and don’t like one to one interviews.  I also intend to show a group of student a trailer clip and using a camera I would like to record their reactions, this will permit me to see what scenes they can tolerate or get disappointed so that I can supply these feature into my own trailer. Doing this will provide me with a realistic and let me make reliable predictions for changes in the trailer.  For market research I propose to find out how different the 2010s-2014s movies are to the 1990s and their strengths and weaknesses, also the typical conventions they share. The kit I will be using is a Mac and its inbuilt camera to record their reaction whilst the students are watching the chosen trailer.

http://www.vcasmo.com/video/heeral24/30957

No comments:

Post a Comment